SLIP YOKES specifically made for T-400, 4L80, 4L85, 6L80, 6L85 Light TRUCK Transmissions
Comes in various u-joint sizes to match your driveshaft ...1310, 1330, 1350 and GM 3R series
- A must have when using any T-400, 4L80, 4L85, 6L80, 6L85 truck transmission with the threaded hole in the output shaft
- Specifically designed and machined to replace the OEM factory light truck style bolt on yoke with a normal car style slip yoke.
- The machined counterbore allows for proper u-joint location, slip travel and bushing contact for best performance.
- We designed this yoke to solve this problem over 40 years ago when T400 Truck Transmissions first started to be used in cars
This slip yoke will slide all the way into the transmission where a standard slip yoke will not!
- We strongly suggest that you remove the O-Ring on the output shaft because with this slip yoke it is no longer necessary.
- Removing the O-Ring will to allow the lubrication to get to the splines...and this is very important.
- To determine correct driveshaft center to center length to use this slip yoke
- Push the slip yoke all the way into transmission and pull it out 3/4 inch minimum to 1 inch maximum. Now measure from center of u-joint hole in slip yoke to the center of the u-joint at the rear end yoke with the rear end supported at ride height. This dimension will be the correct center to center required for your driveshaft to fit correctly using this slip yoke.
DOES NOT FIT.... T400/475 with the emergency brake and or roller bearing in the tailshaft housing as found in the RV Motor Home Transmission and Medium Truck Transmissions
- >>>> Please consult a transmission rebuilder to see what is required to convert yours to a normal light truck tailshaft and tailshaft housing. Usually just a light truck tailshaft housing is all that is necessary
SUGGESTIONS for selecting the correct one.
- Choose 1310 series
- If your driveshaft universal joint is 3-1/4 inches cap to cap with 1-1/16 cap diameter and with outside snap rings
- Choose 1330 series
- If your driveshaft universal joint is 3-5/8 inches cap to cap with 1-1/16 cap diameter and with outside snap rings
- Choose 1350 series
- If your driveshaft universal joint is 3-5/8 inches cap to cap with 1-3/16 cap diameter and with outside snap rings
- Choose GM 3R series
- If your driveshaft universal joint is 3-5/8 inches cap to cap with 1-1/8 cap diameter and with INSIDE C-Clips
- The GM 3R series were originally held in place by injected plastic. Replacement u-joints will have c-clips
>>>>>>>> Please select from the choices listed below <<<<<<<<