1480 series Universal Joints for 2WD trucks and 4x4 trucks.
- Spicer Greaseable Universal Joints requires regular maintenance intervals for long life. Should be lubed with NLGI Number 1 or 2 extreme pressure lubricant every 3000 miles or sooner in extreme cases.
- 1480 series SPICER dimensions ...Fits 1480 Series SPICER Dtriveshafts ONLY
- 4.187 inches (4 3/16) wide in both directions across bearing caps
- All 4 bearing caps are 1.375 inch (1 3/8) diameter
- Designed for Outside snap ring style driveshaft yokes and also Locating Tab style pinion yokes, transmission yokes and transfer case yokes
IMPORTANT... READ THIS: The 1485 series AAM universal joint is just .010 NARROWER than the Spicer 1480 series. The bearing cap diameter is exactly the same for both. The two are not interchangeable and great care should be taken to be sure of the manufacturer of your driveshaft before ordering and installing any universal joints. You MUST look for any labels or identifying marks on the driveshaft before you make a mistake. Look for the AAM logo or SPICER logo on the driveshaft or any of its component parts. Unfortunately Chevy, GMC and DODGE have used both the DANA SPICER Driveshafts and also the AAM Driveshafts in the same year vehicles. This can be very confusing so identifying the brand of your driveshaft is more important than ever before you order or install a universal joint. You can cause expensive damage if you make a mistake.
CLICK on the selections below for more details