3R series Universal Joints
- Found on GM cars, light trucks and 4x4 trucks.
- Found on Dodge 4x4 driveshafts
- Found on early Lincoln driveshafts
Choose from Dana Spicer and Neapco brands in greaseable and maintenance free solid body versions.
- Spicer or Neapco Greaseable Universal Joints requires regular maintenance intervals for long life. Should be lubed with NLGI Number 1 or 2 extreme pressure lubricant every 3000 miles or sooner in extreme cases.
- Spicer Maintenance Free Universal Joints are fully lubed and will NOT splatter grease all over your chassis. These can run for 60,000 to 100,000 miles without service. Extremely strong and very high mileage universal joint.
- 3R series
- 2.562 inches (2-9/16) wide between the yoke inner surfaces where the "C" Clips lock in. Original equipment universal joints were held in place by injected plastic...replacement universal joints will have "C" Clips to hold joint into yoke. Approximate overall width cap to cap is 3 5/8 inches
- All 4 bearing caps are 1.125 inch (1 1/8) diameter
- Designed for INSIDE snap ring style driveshaft yokes and also NON Locating Tab style pinion yokes, transmission yokes and transfer case yokes
- Commonly used in GM, Dodge and early Lincoln car, light truck and 4x4 driveshafts as well as many other vehicles.
CLICK on the selections below for more details
3R Series U-Joint 2.562 X 2.562 - 1.125 inside c clips
1.125 X 1.125 Bearing Cap Diameter