You've come to the right place for a driveshaft
Dennys Driveshafts - How to Measure Correctly
We have designed the best measuring sheets in the industry. These drawings will guide you to measure your application correctly to ensure proper fit and performance each and every time.
IT'S EASY TO GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME...
To measure cars and trucks properly...Place two safety stands under the differential housing tubes to support vehicle high enough to get under and do a good job. Measuring the overall length correctly is very important.
- Step #1. Pick the Diagram that looks like your application...PRINT it OUT and fill in ALL the answers and please be sure to MEASURE EXACTLY as it shows. Diagram "B" & Diagram"C" are USED MOST OFTEN for Street Rods and Race Cars.
- Step #2. You will need a tape measure and a good 6" ruler. Remember always measure your vehicle with the rear tires on the ground OR the rear end on 2 safety stands. It is important to have the suspension in this position to measure correctly. DO NOT MEASURE with the suspension hanging!!! If measuring 4X4 trucks you must have both the front and rear tires on the ground or the axles supported on safety stands.
- Step #3. Each DIAGRAM will give you spaces to fill in and choices to CIRCLE for the different possibilities...Please remember we will need ALL the questions answered for the DIAGRAM you are using to quote a price or to build a shaft.
- Step #4. CALL 716-875-6640 for measuring questions. CALL 800-955-1872 to place your order.
For Bronco ll vehicles we have a much stronger upgrade so please see Diagram "H"
Vehicle Quick Chart
- American Motors
- Chevrolet, Buick, Olds, Pontiac, Cadillac and GMC
- Dodge and Plymouth
- Ford and Mercury
If you cannot VIEW or PRINT the MEASURING SHEET
Please send us an E-MAIL requesting the measuring sheet and give us your complete name and address and we will be happy to send it out by US. mail.
If you need immediate assistance Please call (716) 875-6640 and one of our tech advisors will instruct you on how to measure. For business hours see our contact us page.