GM 3R Series 32 spline T-400, 4L80, 4L85 and 6L80 Transmission Slip yoke specifically designed to be used on a T-400, 4L80, 4L85, 6L80 with the Threaded Hole in the center of the Output shaft.
DOES NOT FIT.... T400/475 with the emergency brake and or roller bearing in the tailshaft housing as found in the RV Motor Home Transmission and Medium Truck Transmissions
>>>> Please consult a transmission rebuilder to see what is required to convert it to a normal light truck tailshaft and tailshaft housing.
This design will replace the truck style bolt on yoke with a car style slip yoke and allow for proper slip travel and bushing contact for best performance.
With this counterbored slip yoke you can now use a normal car style driveshaft.
This slip yoke will slide all the way into the transmission.
- We strongly suggest that you remove the O-Ring on the output shaft because with this slip yoke it is no longer necessary.
- Removing the O-Ring will to allow the lubrication to get to the splines...and this is very important.
To determine correct driveshaft center to center length for this slip yoke
- Push the slip yoke all the way into transmission and pull it out 3/4 inch minimum to 1 inch maximum. Now measure from center of u-joint hole in slip yoke to the center of the u-joint at the rear end yoke. This dimension will be the correct center to center required for your driveshaft to fit correctly using this slip yoke.
We designed this yoke to solve this problem over 30 years ago when T400 Truck Transmissions first started to be used in cars
- Barrel Diameter... = 1.886 inches
- Fits GM 3R series u-joints
- U-joint cap diameter...= 1-1/8 inches
- U-joint width... = 2.556 inches between the inside surfaces where the "C" clips lock in the u-joint. It wil be 3-5/8 inches cap to cap
- Spline count... 32